Lost or Missing Parcel Letter
If we receive a request to send a lost parcel letter to the customer, they must fall within the perimeters set below.
- Any parcel lost within one of our warehouses.
- Any parcel lost/stolen while with the courier driver ONLY.
- Any parcel delivered to an incorrect address.
- "Parcel_Scanned_Missing" in the Dispatch Centre.
What DOES NOT qualify for a Lost Parcel Letter?
- If the customer's address is confirmed correct on file and the POD location is a successful match.
- Stolen parcels DO NOT qualify for a Lost Parcel Letter, and the consignee will have to contact the seller to see if a refund or exchange is possible.
As a team, we must be mindful and careful of how we respond to customers if the parcels delivered to an apartment building have since gone missing. If the driver successfully delivered the package to the correct address and the PODs match the customer's building/door/home, we must apologize that the parcel has since gone missing.
When the below standard operating procedures are NOT adhered to, please send a complaint via DingTalk to the corresponding Team Lead (Sasha/Andrea/Diana) to have a complaint filed with the failed procedure.
Driver Standard Operating Procedures:
- Delivery standard: all parcels delivered within two days of the driver receiving the package.
- Respectful and courteous interactions are always with our customers via phone, text, or in-person interactions.
- Delivery time is from dawn to 8 pm. Except in exceptional circumstances, do not contact the recipient for delivery after 8 pm.
- For deliveries to a House or townhouse: Knock and ring the doorbell and leave (no need to call the recipient).
- For deliveries to an apartment/office building: The driver is to call the customer at least two times. If no one answers, the driver will send an SMS notification indicating that delivery is about to happen. When the driver calls the customer, the parcel will be left in the lobby if the customer is home. If the customer is not home, the driver will use the buzz code (if provided) and bring the parcel to the customer's door. If the customer is not home, the driver should confirm with the customer that the package is in the mailroom/lobby. If there is no access to the building/apartment, the driver should always bring the parcel back to the warehouse for self-pickup and leave a door tag for the customer's reference.
- If no one is home, If the driver has access to the building, they are permitted to leave the parcel at the unit. They are to place the property at the door, knock on it, and leave. Suppose they cannot access the lift to the upper floors. The courier is to place the parcel in the mailbox room and take two photos: a clear photo of the parcel's label and a photo of the parcel's safe drop. Take a picture of the property and the recipient's mailbox.
Example: Copy of the Missing/Lost Parcel Letter sent to customers
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article